Skip to main content
Cosmically Challenged or nah?

          I have struggled the past couple of days with finding topics to write for my blog. I told myself to think of something simple, like a behavior, feeling, etc. that are a part of my routine. Horoscopes! Is what I came up with, every morning I check my daily horoscope via the “Daily Horoscope” app, with my choice of a turquoise background. If I don’t check it right away I check it as soon as I get to class or work.

          My day just does not seem to begin if I don’t check my horoscope, it sometimes gives me confidence and insight into my day ahead.  If I have extra time, I will reference those similarities to that of Yahoo and their horoscope page. Has your day/week/month, questions, or decisions been based off a horoscope?

          I was born July 12, so that makes me a cancer! My profile:
Compassionate Cancer, your nurturing spirit is like a welcome-home embrace, feathery as a goose-down blanket and stable as a pillar in the Roman Colosseum. You're the zodiac's Mother Goddess, ruler of the nest. Playing caretaker comes as naturally to you as breathing. Not that you'd bless just anyone with your maternal gifts. Over time, your shell hardens as you learn to protect your soft underbelly from harsh outside influences—callous, careless people who don't respect the sanctity of tender emotions. All applicants desiring your trust must prove their merit and valor. You'd rather have three amazing friends than 50 casual acquaintances.   
For you, intimacy is the be-all, end-all—even if it takes you aeons to get to that stage. Female friends are your lifeblood, as the spirit of sisterhood blazes fiercely within you. Unfortunately, your trust issues can limit you from venturing into the world. At some point, you must decide to take a risk; otherwise life becomes dull and decidedly limited. (yesterdays post)

Because you're ruled by the emotional moon (as well as being a highly sensitive water sign), your feelings wax and wane without explanation.
Romantically, your standards can be breathtakingly high, you weather long bouts of celibacy waiting for The One to reveal himself. Fortunately, your destiny is not to be alone. That family-oriented prince is a stone's throw away, waiting for you to lower the drawbridge so he can gallop in without a stinging rejection (you can be intimidating, believe it or not).

Ruler: the empathetic, ever-changing, emotional moon

Your gifts: creativity, emotional intelligence, a nurturing and sisterly spirit

Your issues: cliquishness, cheapness, cattiness (cheapness…yes)

Your saving grace: your razor-sharp (and petal-soft) maternal instincts

Your path: to create the spirit of family wherever you go

Your fashion inspiration: Louis Vuitton, Badgley Mischka

Love 'em: Scorpio, Capricorn

Notsomuch: Sagittarius, Aquarius (I actually have a good friend that’s an Aquarius)

Celebrity starmates: Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Gisele Bündchen, Pamela Anderson

Sooooooo basically I cry a lot, I will be a great mother, and I have expensive taste but I’m cheap.  


          Some of the traits mentioned are factual and I have experienced a great deal of, I think I have always been in tune with my cosmic background and shifts in the atmosphere. I am a very intuitive person and take pride in my ability to read a situation or person.
          I have read ‘forecasts’ that have been completely wrong and then I’ve read some that have been spot on...
DISCLAIMER: this doesn’t mean that I don’t believe in a higher being or put all my hope and faith in a horoscope.
Do you guys read horoscopes? Repost memes? Hashtag your pics with #airesseason, #libraseason etc.?, or do you not believe at all?


Leave your comments about your experiences or answers to the questions above!!!

Make sure you’re subscribed to all my social media sites (see drop down at top of page or links at the bottom of page). 


Leave me suggestions on my sites or here about what you would like to read next….I’m thinking about doing short fiction stories (don’t hold me to it)


Xoxoxo, Toni 

Comments

  1. I used to read my horoscope all the time (especially growing up) but I haven't in awhile. I'm a gemini so I always have two different moods going on, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i do once in a blue moon.......I do not really believe in it so I only check when i just feel like checking =D #libra

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm wow never thought about that, i need to go do some research

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started slacking on my horoscopes. I used to read them everyday but it's been a while. This was a good read, made me want to go find mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be insightful, polite, and accurate in all statements. Negativity is not permitted!
Thanks, Toni

Popular posts from this blog

I’m avoiding you, ‘cause you’re avoiding me…. What is avoidant personality disorder? According to multiple sources, including the trusted Wikipedia; Avoidant Personality is when an individual often vigilantly appraises the movements and expressions of those they come into contact. Their fearful and tense demeanor may elicit ridicule from others, which confirms their self-doubts. They are very anxious about the possibility that they will react to criticism with blushing or crying. They are described as being “shy”, “timid”, “lonely”, and “isolated” (psyhcentral.com). I stumbled upon this term after completing a relationship questionnaire; the questionnaire is designed to predict what kind of attachment you display while in a relationship. Surprisingly, I was not shocked or in disagreement. I do become distant in terms of my feelings and thoughts in past relationships. I was so curious about this topic; I did more and more research that led me to scrutinize my childhood (attain
Affirmations aren’t realistic? For the longest time, I didn’t believe in affirmations, I didn’t think they were effective or realistic. Saying things out loud or to yourself daily, just didn’t seem like a realistic goal to me. I have to many other things to preoccupy my mind and to remember; being a senior with a huge course load (7 classes) and two part-time jobs. Life’s pressures are like roller coasters, one day you can be up the next you could be down. One day things can be going your way and you think you’re clear out of your rut, but just around the corner is the bottom of that roller coaster (sorry for the visual aid – hope no one is getting motion sickness).     Through my academic career and this new ‘adulting’ phase of my life I have learned to look at hardships, setbacks, and misfortunes as breakthroughs! My ability to ‘breakthrough’ a tough situation and make it to the other side, telling myself that my circumstances could be worst. The entire time not reali
The nest isn't big enough for the both of us….    Welcome back everyone!!! I just wanted to give a quick shout out to all my loyal viewers, thank you for stopping by twice a week to read my content and to those of you who comment on my posts with kinds words of encouragement and useful tips. Your support does not go unnoticed, it hasn’t been a month since I’ve started my blog and it has already received over 300 page views!!!! (whoooooo)    I am so proud of myself for being consistent and staying motivated when my odds seemed bleak!    Today’s topic has much to do with my personal life and current circumstances. A new addition has been added in my household, which is a positive overall and a realization of my time at home. It has really made me focus more on what my future should look like. Earlier this week I registered for my last semester of my undergraduate career!!!    I am beyond excited and thrilled and feel totally validated; I