Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Affirmations aren’t realistic?
For the longest time, I didn’t believe in affirmations, I didn’t think they were effective or realistic. Saying things out loud or to yourself daily, just didn’t seem like a realistic goal to me. I have to many other things to preoccupy my mind and to remember; being a senior with a huge course load (7 classes) and two part-time jobs. Life’s pressures are like roller coasters, one day you can be up the next you could be down. One day things can be going your way and you think you’re clear out of your rut, but just around the corner is the bottom of that roller coaster (sorry for the visual aid – hope no one is getting motion sickness).
Through my academic career and this new ‘adulting’ phase of my life I have learned to look at hardships, setbacks, and misfortunes as breakthroughs! My ability to ‘breakthrough’ a tough situation and make it to the other side, telling myself that my circumstances could be worst. The entire time not realizing that I am making up affirmations. It was different when I read someone else’s motivational blog, speech, video, etc. Those affirmations were for them, they weren’t for me; yes, most affirmations can be universal, but the key is to listen to your voice and apply words/sayings that best fit your life.
4 easy Steps to making your own affirmations...
1. Listen, Listen, Listen to your voice (the little voice inside your head)
- You may already have affirmations that you didn’t realize.
2. Evaluate your life
- Make a pros/cons list, reflect on years past (what, where, and how was your life 2 years ago?)
3. Don’t overthink it!
- Keep your affirmations simple, they shouldn’t be unrealistic, they should be believable…the only impression you’re making is on yourself
4. Be hopeful
- The whole idea of an affirmation is to confirm something or some feeling that you want, you have, or you see. Declare your feelings and be hopeful, uplifted, and inspired.
I hope that everyone has a great take away from this blog! I don’t have the all the answers, just wanted to share my process with all of you, please let me know what are some of your goals, affirmations, and motivations are in the comment section!
A YouTube video will be posted no later than 6 pm EST in correlation to this blog post, so make sure you’re subscribed to my channel and have your notifications turned on!!
Keep up with me, links listed below and on home page (all links can be viewed in full browser if on mobile device)
By TalksWithToni at March 22, 2017
I've packed you a bag.....Winter it's time for you to leave! The seasons have finally changed, time to break out tho...